Incident with Turkish military patrol boat in Farmakonisi violates international law, say diplomatic sources
European Commissioner for Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship Dimitris Avramopoulos had a meeting with Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim on the sidelines of the Munich Conference held on Friday in the Bavarian capital. Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu and the Minister for European Affairs Omar Celik also attended the meeting. The meeting took place in a constructive atmosphere and…
On This Day
- 1915: Prime Minister Eleftherios Venizelos resigned after a series of disagreements - mostly focused around entry into World War I - with King Constantine I.
- 1941: Seven Italian aircraft were downed over Greece in a single day during World War II.
- 1985: Publisher Nikos Momferatos of the daily paper Apogevmatini and his driver were killed in Kolonaki. The Revolutionary Organisation 17 November assumed responsibility.
- 1993: Turkish PM, Turgut Ozal, accused Greece of "chauvinism" in relation to FYROM's use of the name "Macedonia".
- Births: Olympia Snowe, Greek-American politician (1947), Angelos Dionysiou, singer (1957)
Five hundred U.S. troops began to arrive in a Romanian Black Sea port with tanks and hardware to bolster…
Russian lawmakers on Tuesday mounted a fierce defense of U.S. President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, who resigned…