Footage shows rescue personnel airlifting child as people wait next to partially deflated rubber dinghy on Aegean coast
Arm points to existence of at least seven statues from Greek shipwreck, already the source of most extensive and exciting
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s call to radically revise vital border treaty made on eve of historic Athens visit aimed at bolstering relations
On This Day
- 1913: The Florence Protocol was signed drawing the border between Greece and Albania. Northern Epirus was awarded to the newly-created Albanian state.
- 1989: Polish forward Krzysztof Warzycha played his first game in a Panathinaikos jersey against AEK
- 1997: A Russian-built Yakovlev 42, (Ukraine's Aerosweet) destined for Thessaloniki, Macedonia Airport, crashed on Pieria mountains after losing its orientation and contact with ground control. All 70 people on board died.
- 2003: The trial of the Revolutionary Organisation 17 November was completed as sentences were pronounced against the guilty.
- Births: Katina Paxinou, actress (1900), Sotiris Kaiafas, Cypriot footballer (1949), Kostas Gatsioudis, javelin thrower (1973)