Greek Foreign Minister Yorgos Katrougalos was in Skopje on Sunday, for the inauguration of Northern Macedonia’s new president, Stevo Pendarovski. After the ceremony, the Greek Foreign Minister had a private meeting with the newly elected president.
During the meeting, Mr. Katrougalos relayed to Mr. Pendarovski the wishes of the Greek state and its political leadership for a good and successful mandate in the context of the new and positive climate created by the Prespes Agreement.
For his part, Stevo Pendarovski stressed that the Prespes Agreement | | | Next → |
On This Day
- 1954: Greece and Bulgaria resumed diplomatic relations after 13 years.
- 1972: Sofia Sakorafa broke the Greek record in the javelin with a throw of 41.32m.
- 1981: Arsonists burnt down nearly half the forested areas of Mt. Hymettus.
- 2005: Greece won the Eurovision contest for the first time thanks to Elena Paparizou's song "My Number One".
- Births: Plato, philosopher (427 BC), Gina Bachauer, Greek pianist (1913).