Stuck in a refugee camp on the Greek island of Chios with poor internet and little credit, Abrar Hassan, like many others, was unaware that the tech world had been falling all over itself to help him.
More importantly, he was unaware of his rights and how best to prepare for the asylum interviews that would determine whether…
On This Day
- 1974: Communist daily "Rizospastis" ("Radical") reappeared on the newstands after an absence of 27 years.
- 1982: Sofia Sakorafa broke the women's world record in the javelin with a throw of 74.20m.
- 2005 - Greece beat Germany 78-62 in Belgrade to capture the European Basketball Championship for only the second time in their history.
- Births: Takis Loukanidis (1937), footballer
- Deaths: Nikitas Stamatelopoulos, better known as "Nikitaras" (1849), revolutionary