Stuck in a refugee camp on the Greek island of Chios with poor internet and little credit, Abrar Hassan, like many others, was unaware that the tech world had been falling all over itself to help him.
More importantly, he was unaware of his rights and how best to prepare for the asylum interviews that would determine whether…
On This Day
- 1687: A Venetian shell exploded and partially destroyed the Parthenon in Athens.
- 1932: Panagis Tsaldaris' Laiko Komma won the Greek general elections.
- 1964: The Vatican returned the skull of Saint Andrew to Patra.
- 1989: MP Pavlos Bakoyiannis was slain outside his office by members of the Revolutionary Organisation 17 November.
- 2000: Passenger ship "Express Samina" sunk off the coast of Paros. 80 persons were drowned.