Arm points to existence of at least seven statues from Greek shipwreck, already the source of most extensive and exciting
In the following days, Finance Minister Euclid Tsakalotos and alternate Finance Minister George Chouliarakis will meet with the heads of the International Monetary Fund and of European institutions, in Washington, within the scope of the IMF Spring Summit. More specifically, on Friday, the Greek Ministers will meet with the European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs, the Eurogroup President, the French Finance Minister and the President of the European Central Bank. On Saturday, they will meet with Christine Lagarde, who has expressed her support to the Greek effort, and has clarified that the IMF no longer asks for further expenditure cuts.
Greece and its creditors seem to have come one step closer to reaching an agreement on a debt relief, Eurogroup President Mário Centeno stated. On his part, European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs Pierre Moscovici said that Greece’s bailout program will not be prolonged.
Intense talks in Washington on…
On This Day
- 1944: 318 Greeks were killed by German occupation troops in Pyrgoι, Kozani prefecture.
- 1997: Olympiakos defeated Barcelona 73-58 and wοn the Euroleague.
- 2004: Greek Cypriots rejected by 75.83% the Annan Plan for Cyprus reunification.
- Births: Ioannis Georgiadis, fencer, Olympic Gold Medalist (1876), Glafkos Clerides, Cypriot politician (1919).
- Deaths: Athanasios Diakos, hero of the Greek Revolution (1821), Konstantinos Spanoudis, one of the founders of AEK (1941)
Reaction has been mixed in France to President Emmanuel Macron’s decision to join the United States…
The FYR Macedonia government on Wednesday survived a parliamentary vote of no-confidence brought by the opposition VMRO-DPMNE party over…