Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias sharply criticised foreign and Greek press reports on Sunday which blamed him for the breakup in Cyprus talks in Geneva saying that the Turkish side had interrupted the talks unexpectedly.
Asked about reports published in the news website Politico, he said:
“Those who are their master’s voice, that is the Turks’, logically believe that a success in…
On This Day
- 1923: The Greek Government published the law that adopted the Gregorian Calendar.
- 1996: Greece submitted her candidacy as host country of the 2004 Olympics.
- 2008: PM Costas Karamanlis visited Turkey marking the first official visit by a Greek PM to that country since 1959.
- Births: Kyriakos Matsis, EOKA fighter (1926), Fiona Tzavara, singer (1978)
- Deaths: Alexander Onassis in an aircrash (1973)
GENEVA (ANA/ S. Aravopoulou) There has been significant progress on territorial issues during the negotiations on the Cyprus issue…
“Once again we state our determination to find a just and viable solution to the Cyprus problem in the…