Stranded on Chios women and teenagers face new horrors, with reports of police beatings, rape and knife attacks
Veto by Athens, which has benefited from huge Chinese infrastructure investment, labelled as ‘dishonourable’ by EU diplomat
Eurozone finance ministers appear ready to unlock €8.5bn from €86bn fund to help Athens make repayment due in July
ATHENS — A court ruling to not extradite eight Turkish soldiers who fled to Greece following the failed coup attempt last year must be respected, Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said on Monday.
His comments came at a joint news conference with his Turkish counterpart Binali Yildirim in Athens.
“The Greek justice system has ruled on this issue ……
On This Day
- 168 BC: The Romans defeated Perseus of Macedon at the Battle of Pydna.
- 1826: Ibrahim Pasha invaded Mani but was repelled with heavy casualties.
- 1892: Charilaos Trikoupis formed a government which was still in power when Greece declared bankruptcy.
- 1920: Beginning of the Greek offensive in Anatolia.
- Births: Sofoklis Schortsianitis, basketball player (1985).